TOEIC preparation courses
The TOEIC Listening and Reading Test, the world's most popular English assessment for the workforce
With more than 7 million test takers, the TOEIC® Listening and Reading test has become a standard by decision makers worldwide, who use the TOEIC tests to determine who can communicate effectively on an independent and proficient level in English across borders and cultures with coworkers and clients.
Why choose the TOEIC® Listening and Reading test?
All TOEIC® tests are specifically created to assess the ability to use English in real-life work situations. In addition, the test design ensures that scores can be accurately compared between candidates around the globe.This has helped make the TOEIC Listening and Reading test the most popular assessment of workplace English in the world.
- The test delivers exceptionally reliable and accurate scores you can trust.
- Questions are based on real-world workplace scenarios.
- Paper-and-pencil or online formats make it easy to administer anywhere at any time.
What can you learn from the test?
TOEIC® Listening and Reading scores provide meaningful feedback about a test taker’s strengths and weaknesses, along with a description of the skills typical of test takers at various levels. The skills measured by the test include an individual’s ability to:
• Understand explanations and instructions
• Understand workplace conversations
• Follow public talks and announcements
• Connect information in different real-world texts
Designed to Help you Build the Best Workforce
Test results enable you to:
• Compare English skills of individuals from various backgrounds
• Make high-stakes recruitment and promotion decisions with confidence
• Train individuals to communicate internationally for global expansion
• Develop a talent pool of English-proficient employees
TOEIC Listening and Reading Test Content
The TOEIC Listening and Reading test is a paper-and-pencil, multiple-choice assessment. There are two timed sections of 100 questions each. Test takers listen and read in English and give their responses to the questions. The test does not require specialised knowledge or vocabulary beyond that of a person who uses English in everyday life and work activity.
|Duration||Section I: Questionnaire|
|30 minutes||Answer Biographical questions|
|Duration||Section II: Listening Comprehension|
The Listening section tests how well test takers understand spoken English. It consists of four parts and contains 100 questions
There are four parts:
|Duration||Section III: Reading Comprehension|
The Reading section tests how well test takers understand written English.
There are three parts:
|Total time:2½ hours|
The test content uses common everyday vocabulary, phrases and key expressions that reflects everyday tasks and provides information that enables decision makers or score users to fairly and easily:
- Help businesses train, develop and promote the most qualified employees who can interact effectively with colleagues and clients around the world
- Save time and resources by knowing immediately in the recruitment processwho has the skills to communicate effectively in the international workplace
- Help Language schools give added value to their training and development programmes
- Give job seekers and employees a competitive advantage
- Enable universities to better prepare students for today’s international workplace
- Help Individuals enhance their value and succeed in the global job market
In addition,Governments use the TOEIC Listening and Reading test and the TOEIC Speaking and Writing tests as a valid accreditation to help them make vital decisions for immigration and naturalisation purposes.
Last edited: 29/07/2016